Monday, March 31, 2014

First time at LUSH: Fresh Handmade Cosmetics ♡


I've been delayed on posting lately due to school work and other activities that I participate in. But anyway, it was probably in February when I first went to LUSH. For those of you who don't know what LUSH is, it is a store with fresh handmade cosmetics. It's a store filled with cute soaps, scrubs, masks, shampoo, conditioner. I don't really go to the mall where LUSH is located in but I always hear people talking about LUSH and their products. So one day, I just decided to go on in and look around. I didn't have any intentions of purchasing anything because I don't really use those types of things. Like, I already have a shampoo and conditioner I'm satisfied with. Also, I didn't really want to buy anything just because I heard that it was a little pricey there. 

To begin my journey, I walked in and right away this lady greeted me. Keep in mind that the store is pretty small and that day it was very crowded and busy! This lady greeted me and asked me a couple questions like "Is it your first time here?" and "Are you looking for anything in particular?". Obviously, it was my first time and I wasn't really looking for anything in particular so she let me look around and finally I guess she figured that I was kind of lost in a way so she asked me if I wanted to try anything. After that I don't know what happened, but we ended up near the masks. When you try things at LUSH, there's a table in a corner where they have towels, chairs, big stainless steel bowls. Then, they fill the bowls with warm water. The lady then asked what type of skin I had; oily, dry, sensitive, etc. I am dry, not super dry but also sensitive. Then she took a mask out of a little fridge. To shorten the story, I ended up liking their service. The workers were all friendly and I ended up buying a face mask called Catastrophe Cosmetic! Smells like blueberries! This is how the mask looks like on your face. Also, remember to avoid your eyes when you apply this mask and you keep it on for 5-10 mins and then I like to soak a small face towel in hot water and then I rub in small circles to remove the mask and rinse my face with warm water and moisturize!


My overall purchase and experience was great! 
And I totally recommend all of you to check out a LUSH near you!